CF Chinook Centre
Calgary, Ab
This year PARK presented a number of awesome designers, unfortunately I was not around to cover the first night due to an early commitment but I was there on the second night. The Saturday program included the following designers in order of their presentation.
NORDSTROM
Anne B. Accessories
Rebecca King
NRTHRNTWNS Workshop
Judith & Charles
RW & Co.
S.P. Badu
Malika Couture
House of Nonie
Cara Cheung
How I found this year's show? First and foremost, Kara and her PARK team made an outstanding job organizing the show, it was held at the second floor of Chinook Centre. Two of my good photo buddies, Michael and Chuck setup their photo-booths one at the entrance and one at the VIP lounge respectively.
The venue was pretty full with new and old fashionistas, then the models, they're fresh young looking models and some are the experienced PARK models for the past 3 years. Surprisingly I did not see my usual photo buddies, only a few that I can count were there the rest were new to the industry.
What I found pretty interesting was in the media pit, there were a few young ladies sitting with tablets scribbling models while they catwalk. I later found out they are promoting Microsoft Fresh Paint which I find it amazing for sketching using Microsoft Surface Pro, it works with any tablets and PC as well.
About the main show, well as I mentioned there were a number of amazing designers, one of them is Anne Bacalso of Anne B. Accessories, she has eight models wearing Modern Tribal hand made accessories using wood, shells, resin, cow horns and stone all made from Cebu, Philippines.
Ok, now that we're talking about fashion details, I am not an expert on fashion terminologies, so I will stop my blog here and leave you the images I captured they will speak for itself and virtually bring you back to the show to see what I've captured through my camera.
Hope you like it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment